Scopely Launches New Mobile Game Scrabble® GO
Rediscover the ‘greatest word game of all time’, now available worldwide on Android and iOS!Leading mobile games company Scopely, together with Hasbro, Inc. in North America and Mattel internationally, today announced the worldwide launch of the mobile game Scrabble® GO. Bringing the iconic word game experience to life in an all-new way, the game features the classic SCRABBLE® game alongside many new ways to play with friends and fans across the globe. From casual gamers to the fiercest competitors, Scrabble® GO appeals to all types of players. The game is highly social, allowing players to easily invite and connect with friends and family via Facebook, WhatsApp and personal contacts as well as play with others around the world. The app also offers highly competitive play, bringing tournament-style matches loved by enthusiasts to mobile. SCRABBLE® purists will love the authentic experience while those looking for something new will enjoy exploring many new modes and features, including:
Players can track their stats in Scrabble® GO with their Scrabble Score, one of the richest player profiles of any word game in the world, and personalize their experience with added flair by earning themed, playable 3D tile sets.“SCRABBLE® fans around the world feel a deep connection to the brand for its long-standing tradition of competition,” said Victor Díaz-Roig, General Manager and Vice President, Product at Scopely. “We’re so proud to introduce a reimagined take on the SCRABBLE® experience with Scrabble® GO. Our team has created an extremely vibrant, social, personalized, competitive, triple-A experience for a brand that transcends generations. We also worked with superfans and professional players to make this the most dynamic game experience possible. We are thrilled to share the all-new Scrabble® GO with the world.” Scrabble® GO is published by Scopely and co-developed in partnership with PierPlay game studio. The game is the latest in Scopely’s diverse slate of mobile games, including MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command and YAHTZEE® With Buddies, among others.To stay up-to-date on all things Scrabble® GO, follow @ScrabbleGO on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. Scrabble® GO is available now as a free download on iOS via the App Store and on Android via Google Play, with additional platforms coming soon. SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark. All intellectual property rights in and to the game are owned in the U.S.A and Canada by Hasbro Inc., and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, a subsidiary of Mattel Inc. Mattel and Spear are not affiliated with Hasbro.
- Classic: A beautiful way to go head-to-head using the official game board, rules, and dictionaries, celebrating the iconic word game superfans know and love.
- Modern: Scrabble® GO’s signature mode is fun for players of all levels, reimagining the classic word game experience by introducing new features like Tile Swap, Word Finder and Scrabble Scholar that let players learn and improve while playing.
- Arena: A one-of-a-kind collection of daily and weekly word game tournaments, including:
- Word Drop: Create words by connecting adjacent letters in a word search grid -- earning bonus points for word length, use of special tiles and number of unique words played.
- Tumbler: A quick, anagram-style game, where players find the highest scoring word on a rack of letters. Letter tiles are replaced once used and premium tiles with bonus points will appear to keep players strategizing.
- Rush: A timed, solo experience where players are in complete control of their board, enabling them to strategically plan word placement to maximize scores. The locations of premium squares are varied for an extra challenge.
- Duels: Players face-off on a smaller board, completing a real-time match in under five minutes.
Electronic Arts (EA) has been home to the mobile game SCRABBLE® since 2009 and we have been working with them closely to keep their game up and running until the Scrabble® GO launch.
SCRABBLE® will continue to be available for fans until June 5 so players can transition over to Scrabble® GO when it’s right for them.
Thanks to EA for being a great partner through this process.